MNOSHA has adopted the federal rule requiring annual reporting of injury and illness data. All high-hazard Minnesota industries with 20 or more employees, including municipalities, are now required to electronically submit their data to federal OSHA by July 1, 2018. When counting employees, include all that are compensated such as seasonal, part-time, temporary, or volunteers.
If you have 20 to 249 employees, you are required annually to submit OSHA 300A Summary forms electronically. This is the same form that’s posted in your city/utility offices from February 1 through April 30.
If you have 250 or more employees, you are required annually to submit OSHA recordkeeping forms (Forms 300, 300A, and 301) electronically.
So, how do I do this?
First, be sure to check who the person is in your organization responsible for OSHA/injury records. They will more than likely be the person to set up the account and input annually.
Have a copy of your city/utility 2017 300A Summary in front of you (and 300 & 301 completed forms if you have 250 or more employees).
You’ll be inputting the data in the Injury Tracking Application (ITA) www.osha.gov/injuryreporting/index.html
- Click on create an account, fill in your name, title, phone, email, and create a username.
- You will be sent a link to change password to one of your choosing.
- Use the “Manual Data Entry” choice to create an establishment.
- Use NAICS code of 921190, “Other General Government Support”.
- Select “General Public Administration”.
- Click the “Yes – Local Government” button, and choose the total employee count.
- After completing establishment details, continue to enter 300A Summary data.
- Submit to OSHA when complete.
For 2018 the reporting date is July 1 but in 2019 and beyond, the date moves to March 2 of the year after the calendar year covered by the form(s).
Your League Loss Control Consultant is available for assistance, or visit MNOSHA Compliance for more information and free training resources to help improve recordkeeping - www.dli.mn.gov/osha/Recordkeeping.asp.