Where: Plymouth Creek Center, 14800 34th Avenue North, Plymouth MN 55447 (NOTE NEW LOCATION)
When: Thursday, February 8, 2018 (8:30 a.m.-2:45 p.m.)
Register and More Information Here: https://freshwater.org/2018-road-salt-symposium/
Cost: $135What is it?
The Annual Road Salt Symposium is an opportunity to learn about alternative chemical, non-chemical, and mechanical solutions that exist to help keep the roads clear of ice, and our waterways clean of the chlorides that can impair them as a result of road salt. Wise use of road salt creates a win-win situation that protects the environment, reduces community expense, and ensures safe roads.
- Salting our freshwater lakes
- Innovations in application: reducing chloride use
- Environmental Leadership Awards
- Emerging issues in application: where are we headed?
- Local chloride initiatives
Who Should Attend:
Public Works directors, supervisors, and staff responsible for plowing and de-icing operations.
- 1.0 Roads Scholar Program credit (per the MNLTAP flyer for the event found at http://www.mnltap.umn.edu/training/roadsalt/)