· 15, 16 and 17 year olds can work as lifeguards in pools, but only with uninterrupted adult supervision.
· 16 and 17 year olds can work as lifeguards at lakes and rivers, but only with uninterrupted adult supervision.
· Youth ages 16 to 18 are restricted from driving certain power-drive machinery. (They can operate push mowers and weed whips.)
· Minors cannot operate motor vehicle on streets as part of their normal job. (There is an exception for incidental and occasional driving by licensed drivers.)
· No individual under the age of 18 can serve, dispense, or handle intoxicating liquors that are consumed on premises.
· Minors are prohibited from working in rooms where liquor is served or consumed. (There is an except for the job of busing dishes and providing musical entertainment.)
· Minors cannot work where hazardous material exists.
For additional questions on this issue please contact your loss control consultant or LMC HR Department: email@example.com.