Three-Point Contact Every Time
- Keeps steps and standing surfaces free of snow, mud and debris.
- Wear shoes with good support and tread.
- Exit and enter facing the cab.
- Slow down and use extra caution in bad weather.
- Get a firm grip on rails or handles with your hands.
- Look for obstacles on the ground below before exiting.
- Don't climb down with something in your free hand. Put it on the vehicle floor and reach up for it when you get down on the ground.
- Don't rush to climb out after a long run. Descend slowly, to avoid straining a muscle.
- Never jump! You may land off balance, on an uneven surface and fall.
- Don't use tires or wheel hubs as a step surface.
- Don't use the doorframe or door edge as a handhold.
- Don't get complacent and become an injury statistic!